Wednesday 20 July 2011

anarchist clown in the media circus


Today I was determined to go on a Murdoch diet. There is only so much you can indulge in the bittersweet taste of recent events without thinking, hang on, I’m sure I had a life before the News of the World ended…I’m sure there was something else that I thought about…
But, like any other filthy addict all I needed was one ideal to turn excuse, and here I am again. You see, I think I am in love with Jonnie Marbles. It’s probably a phase and I am prepared to wait for his love to be requited, but who would not marry the man who put a shaving foam pie straight into the kisser of Rupert Murdoch at a parliamentary hearing?
The anarchist clown enters the media circus…beautiful. 
There is something so fulfilling about watching a man who has made obscene amounts of money from making others into easy targets, be completely powerless over where his next hit is coming from.  Is this really the end of Rupert Murdoch? It seems so, but lets not count those chicken burgers before the order has arrived.
The hacking saga, referred to by many tweeters as HACKGATE has left me feeling dizzy. I am as hooked to these events as a senior citizen is to the ticking clock of Countdown…the deepening layers’ of conspiracy and collusion seem to be rocking the very foundations of my fundamental beliefs in the omnipotent powers of News International…we all suspected what Murdoch was capable of, did any of us believe that he would actually be held accountable?
Watching Murdoch’s performance in front of the Commons Committee lead me to imagine that this was what it would be like if Satan ever had to beg for his life at the hands of the WI.  I doubt if even the Dark Lords wife would have a right hook to match Murdoch’s missus! No one messes with Wendi Deng’s man!
As Murdoch floundered under the direct questioning of Tom Watson, many believed that the old man (who one journalist said looked “old, even for 80.”) was now trying to court sympathy from his accusers by faking senility to bolster his defence. I would not put it past such a villain to fake a degenerative illness that so many suffer from in order to get off this hook.
I think the explanation is quite simple: the reason he is floundering is because like the Egyptian fish, he has been pulled out of his own denial!  How can we ever be expected to look on Rupert Murdoch as a figure of vulnerability who deserves our pity and support? His act went down so well with MP’s that some praised the man for turning up…but that maybe because they are afraid he may rise again.




No comments:

Post a Comment